Tuesday, October 29, 2013

How To Make Ginger Tea


Ginger tea is a great way to ward off colds and flu. It is also a great way to treat those cold and flu symptoms. I swear by this stuff. It always gives an extra boost to my immune system. I know it works because there have been MANY times that my family has gotten sick and I do not get sick even though I am doctoring them. It truly is my secret to staying healthy. 

Ginger has a spicy taste to it. Sometimes it is something that you have to get used to. A lot of people love ginger right away. I was one of those people who had to acquire a taste for it. Now I absolutely enjoy it and look forward to every cup. Believe me, it is worth it to give this tea a chance.

I use ginger tea to warm me also. I have a tendency to get cold easily and ginger tea always warms me from the inside. It is great for your circulation. I have also read that it is great for arthritis because it reduces inflammation. All of these ingredients complement each other in a well balanced way.  

In this post I will share with you several health benefits for each of the ingredients listed below. In my video I share even more benefits and show you how I make my tea. Here is the link to the video:  http://youtu.be/mLdCkKfY8gM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All the ingredients that you need are in the picture above. You will need: 

Ginger root
Clove
Cinnamon
Lemon
and
Honey

You can adjust the amount of these ingredients according to your taste and the size of your pot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 The first thing I do is scrub my ginger root with my vegetable scrub brush under warm water. I also scrub my lemon. It is important to make sure they are clean because they have probably been handled by other people in the store.

Now I cut my ginger into small slices and then put them in the pot.

  (I will list links below for more health benefits and you can also watch the video for more helpful tips)
The next step is to cut your lemon into slices and to put them in the pot also.
 

I used 3 cinnamon sticks for my pot of tea. Cinnamon is a great addition to the tea. It tastes great and the health benefits are amazing.


The next ingredient is clove. Wow! Clove is a beautiful herb. It will surely help a sore throat and the you can't beat the medicinal value in these little darlings. I used 7 cloves in my pot of tea.


I always sweeten my tea with honey. It is my favorite sweetener and it holds a plethora of health benefits. It is natures way of offering a soothing cure to a sore throat.

  
Now I let my tea simmer. I will turn it on warm when I know that it is ready to drink. This way I have a warm cup of tea at my finger tips at any time during the day. During the winter months I try to drink several cups a day. You can also put your ginger tea in a container and put it in the refrigerator. A lot of people like to drink it cold too. 

Please read as much as you can about the herbs you use in your diet. If you are on medication or have health conditions, you will need to do your research. It is suggested that you do not use ginger before going into surgery. I cannot express the importance of research enough. Listen to your body. :) 
ENJOY YOUR TEA!!

Here are a few links to get you started with your research.
ABOUT GINGER :

ABOUT CINNAMON:

ABOUT LEMONS:

ABOUT CLOVE:

ABOUT HONEY:

No comments:

Post a Comment